ERROR: There was a server problem when attempting the upload, please try again later - HELP!

moohook

YetiShare User
May 17, 2018
Albania
This is a screenshot from a site user:

Many users have complained about this and i have tried different servers to see if it's a server issue, it's not. I have tried uploading before and had the same error. This has been happening for a while but have brushed it off hoping it'll stop showing the error. Can anyone let me know how to fix this?

Just found this: https://mfscripts.com/forum/threads/error-there-was-a-server-problem-when-attempting-the-upload-please-try-again-later.3215/ I'm not using a nulled copy

Reactions: sab6986858

worldofpcgames46668

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jul 28, 2017
Check the network tabs in the Chrome developer tools and see what error are you getting, It would be a 502 Timeout.

moohook

YetiShare User
May 17, 2018
Albania
This is a screenshot from a site user:

Many users have complained about this and i have tried different servers to see if it's a server issue, it's not. I have tried uploading before and had the same error. This has been happening for a while but have brushed it off hoping it'll stop showing the error. Can anyone let me know how to fix this?

Just found this: https://mfscripts.com/forum/threads/error-there-was-a-server-problem-when-attempting-the-upload-please-try-again-later.3215/ I'm not using a nulled copy
@adam Do you have a fix for this?

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi,

Do you have a way to reproduce the issue to I can test? If there's any drops in network traffic it's possible that it would cause a break in the upload and that error message. However if you're seeing it regularly it may be something else.

Also, what storage method are you using? i.e. local, ftp, direct etc?

Thanks,
Adam.

moohook

YetiShare User
May 17, 2018
Albania
Hi,

Do you have a way to reproduce the issue to I can test? If there's any drops in network traffic it's possible that it would cause a break in the upload and that error message. However if you're seeing it regularly it may be something else.

Also, what storage method are you using? i.e. local, ftp, direct etc?

Thanks,
Adam.

Thanks for the fast reply. The error message only occurs when uploading large files. I’m using AWS as file storage.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
The transfer to S3 can be quite memory heavy for large file uploads. Try adding the following to the bottom of your _config.inc.php file:

ini_set('memory_limit', '2048M');

For larger than 2GB files you may need to increase this.

moohook

YetiShare User
May 17, 2018
Albania
The transfer to S3 can be quite memory heavy for large file uploads. Try adding the following to the bottom of your _config.inc.php file:

ini_set('memory_limit', '2048M');

For larger than 2GB files you may need to increase this.
What's the largest amount I can set that to?

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
It depends on your server memory allocation.

moohook

YetiShare User
May 17, 2018
Albania
It depends on your server memory allocation.
Well good news! It worked! Thank you so much. One more issue I'm facing is the file action queue is at 1416, I have no clue why it's not processing. Cron jobs are all setup correctly with my install path. Any idea on how to fix this\?

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Drop me a ticket for that one, there was a patch recently which may fix this one. If you send me access to the install I'll patch & test directly.

Thanks,
Adam.