Folder update time

dgogoasa

Jul 26, 2018
Tested and the folder I was interested in didn't change its update time.
Created a folder - create time - OK, update time = null;
Deleted some files - update time unchanged = null;
Added some files - update time unchanged = null;

What is the meaning of update time? Am I missing anything?

I have some folders with update time not null?
Is there an explanation for this?
SHOULD I NOT RELY ON THIS UPDATE TIME... and instead go trough all the files in the folder looking for changes????
I need a quick resolution on this as I am at the end of my project and I need to know how to continue.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
How did you update the folder? Via the API or UI?

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Just to clarify, the folder update time would be when the folder was last edited. Not when files where last added or removed etc.

dgogoasa

Jul 26, 2018
I update the folder using the web interface.
I check for the update date using the API. Using the web interface I can see the same. No update date change.

My definition of update is when contents have changed as in adding/removing files.
I don't understand what folder edited means...

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
It wont change when the contents change at the moment, only when you edit the folder properties such as the name. I'll note it in the RFCs for review on the next release.

Thanks,
Adam.

dgogoasa

Jul 26, 2018
OK. Thanks. I will not use it then for the moment. I'll just comment the code out and skip it in my logic flow.

Any news on the file override question? That is:
when we upload a file with the same name as an existing one, a new file, same name with an index is created automatically, and the original file IS NOT OVERRIDDEN? This is both unexpected and unwanted... If I upload a file with the same name is because I WANT TO OVERRIDE.

Kind regards DanG