Remote Url Uploads Do Not Start and Newsletter Plugin problems.

jeybird966368

YetiShare User
Dec 29, 2016
When starting a remote upload the file always says "pending" and never proceeds.
Here is the error I get in the log:
Code:
===========================================================
2017-03-11 06:06:41 - *** WARNING *** Array
(
    [Error Msg] => session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (user). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php/sessions)
    [File] => Unknown
    [Line Number] => 0
    [Error Type] => E_WARNING
)
Also while sending newsletters works, it creates an error on the right side of the screen:

I'm not sure if this is a result of updating from 4.3 to 4.4.

Any help would be appreciated.

jeybird966368

YetiShare User
Dec 29, 2016
Okay, I really don't mind the newsletters errors but I would really like some help with remote uploads.
Session.save_path is set correctly in php.ini though I don't see why this is necessary as it defaults to temp directory.
The Nginx error log for the server block is empty.
I also set the sessions folder owner to nginx:.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
Not sure what is causing this. I have newsletters plugin and i sent emails to users after updating it to 4.4 and it seems to be working.
Also tried the remote upload and that works on my server too.

Are you using fileservers? Do you have nginx rules setup properly ?

jeybird966368

YetiShare User
Dec 29, 2016
I'm only using my local machine, no external servers.

As for the Nginx rules, those are set as suggested. The only difference is that I have https enabled on my server.

jeybird966368

YetiShare User
Dec 29, 2016
I'm going to reinstall Yetishare and restore the user and files (etc) tables. Just to try it.

But yes I did make sure that the "nginx" user was the owner of the sessions folder and had the required permissions. I even tried setting permissions to 777 for the sake of testing.

jeybird966368

YetiShare User
Dec 29, 2016
Okay, it appears that reinstalling Yetishare has fixed remote uploads. It visually still looks quirky (?) but it functions.
My process for doing this was to backup the database, delete the one on the server, recreate it, reinstall Yetishare, and then I only restored the file, file_action, file_folder, payment_log, premium_order, and users tables.
And I also restored my _config.inc.php.

I'm not sure what specifically fixed it but I decided to restart (except for users and files) from scratch to cover all bases.

Once I restore the whole files folder I'll report back if everything is working well....or not.

jeybird966368

YetiShare User
Dec 29, 2016
Okay so remote uploads are taken care of, nothing more to deal with there.

However I found out that rather than just issues with Newsletters I'm actually having this error occur for all emails.

For example when a user signs up the actual email will flash on screen for just a moment before proceeding to the proper page. I've attached a screenshot.

Attachments

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Hi,

Can you try the email test script? It's detailed on this link:

https://support.mfscripts.com/public/kb_view/18/

Thanks,
Adam.

jeybird966368

YetiShare User
Dec 29, 2016
I have tried the test script and emails do work. However it still creates more or less the same page as the one in my previous post.

Version 4.3 didn't do this, only 4.4 strangely enough.

edit: I posted a screenshot of it with debug set to "2". it's on the next page.

sukhman21

YetiShare User
YetiShare Supporter
Jan 26, 2015
okay, are you using smtp server or your local server for emails ? I think its a slowness issue on either your server or on smtp server if you using any.

jeybird966368

YetiShare User
Dec 29, 2016
I'm using an smtp server hosted in a VM on the same physical machine. The VM has it's own ip address and is exposed to my hosting provider's network as it's own machine.

I don't understand how slowness would cause this, everything seems fairly quick.

adam

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2009
Drop me an email via the ticketing system with access to your install, I'll look at this directly.

Regards,
Adam.