We've just made available the beta of YetiShare v5.0.0 via your account on yetishare.com. If you login and you're still within support, you'll see the link to download.
You can see it up and running here:
(login with user: 'admin' & pass: '[email protected]')
Overview of changes:
This release has been in development for some time and brings a complete rewrite to the core script framework. This new framework performs significantly better but it also makes maintaining the code a lot easier. So going forward you should see a lot more regular updates.
We've also added a new Bootstrap 4 theme called Spirit and a refresh to the file manager. There'll be a detailed blog post about the new features and framework within the next few weeks. Until then see the release notes below.
Can I use the beta on my live website?
No. It's not ready for any live sites yet as it's beta code. We can not offer support on live sites and as the code it still in beta, it may break things if used on your live site. This code is for testing only.
How to install or upgrade:
Upload the /install folder to your website and load yoursite.com/install. Note that the upgrade process has changed in this release. We're happy to help if you get stuck.
How to submit beta feedback:
Any feedback or bug reports are welcome via the forum thread linked below.
Please do not send these via the support system, we want to track everything in one place on the forum. We'll not be adding any new features to this release but if there's bugs to fix we'll be keen to get them resolved before moving out of beta.
When will this be on final release?
It's planned we'll be in beta for 14 days then go into final release.
What about the paid plugins?
These are currently being worked on and will be available soon. At the moment only the core script (and bundled plugins) are in beta. The paid plugins for v4.x will not work with v5, you will need to download the updated copies.
What's happening to the v4.x release?
We're still supporting security updates and fixes to this codebase, so there's no rush to move to v5. The Flow & blue_v2 themes will not be maintained in v5, they're replaced by the Spirit theme.
- Complete core rewrite:
- New MVC script framework.
- Separation of business logic (PHP) and views.
- Custom page url routing.
- Friendly urls throughout main site and admin area.
- Twig templating engine - True separation of PHP logic and views.
- Application cache for increased performance - Routing Cache & Twig Template Cache.
- New MVC structure for both plugins and themes.
- Controllers and templates and be overridden at plugin and theme level.
- Added support for transparent pngs on avatars.
- Friendlier urls on direct file links. (removal of .php/.html)
- Moved towards object based data updates (ORM).
- Theme template inheritance. Override views at template or plugin level.
- Admin test tools.
- Flow & blue_v2 themes replaced with the new Spirit theme using Bootstrap 4.
- Document Viewer plugin replaced with the File Previewer plugin.
- File manager refresh, including updates to the uploader.
- Support for uploading additional files without reloading the browser.
- Non-account upload replaced with "Trial accounts".
- Backblaze cloud file storage support.
- Social login plugin upgrade, including refreshing guidance.
- Improved Sharing Functionality:
- Share files aswell as folders now.
- Select multiple files/folders to share at once, rather than folder only level.
- Admin manage sharing pages.
- Globally shared folders - admin can set folders to be accessed by all accounts.
- Moved shared folders/files into dedicated left navigation item.
- Email notification added on internal sharing.
- More advert spots added to the front-end, easily set via the admin site settings.
- Added option to set keywords and description on files.
- Keywords displayed on file details view, linked to search.
- Search feature now includes keywords and description.
- Fix to adblock detection script.
- Improvements to drop & drop uploads directly into file manager without loading the uploader popup.
- Site setting option to use local sessions rather than database based sessions.
- Site settings to control min/max length of account usernames.
- Site setting to enable download tokens to be limited by IP address.
- Changes to file details page, now full page and larger preview.
- Added sharing page and trash page links on mobile view.
- Enabled 'enter' key submission on add/edit file/folder popups.
- Minor fix to avoid reloading page if upload completes when viewing file details.
- Minor fix to script update notification checker.
Release notes: This release is a major upgrade to the codebase. To upgrade existing installs, please see the "Upgrade from v4.x" tab in the /install/ folder.
Thanks for your continued support!